We Focus on You. We Commit to Health. We Offer Quality.
Many of our assisted living senior residents chose assisted living because they no longer felt comfortable or were unable to live in their own homes. They desired assistance, yet did not need 24 hour supervision or complex medical care. Assisted living is a wonderful option for seniors that need and appreciate a helping hand with the daily activities of living. One of the many benefits of our assisted living is that we can cater to a wide spectrum of needs. Our staff can help with the activities of daily life (ADL), like bathing, dressing, medication, and more.
At Sears Methodist, our residents are our #1 priority. We understand that each of our senior residents is an individual, meaning some may need more or less assistance than others. That’s why we offer two different levels of personalized services. Through close supervision, we are able to monitor and detect any changes in the health or capabilities of our senior residents. We respond to changes by letting the resident or their family know if we think more or less attention is needed. Sometimes a resident’s health improves and they are able to decrease the amount of services needed.
Level I Services:
- Three Meals per day
- Weekly Housekeeping, Linen change
- 24-hour Nursing Supervision
- Activities and Social Events
- Basic Utilities
- Cable Television
- Scheduled Transportation
- Monitoring of Health Status
- Special Diets, as needed
- Scheduled Night Checks, as needed
Level II Services include all Level I services, plus:
- Medication Management
- Bathing Assistance, Three Times/wk
- Daily Dressing and Grooming Assistance
- Assistance to and from Dining Room
- Twice Weekly Housekeeping
- Daily Bed Making and Trash Removal
- One Person Transfer Assistance
- Occasional Nursing Treatments